Monday, February 2, 2009

Calling All Stories

I will be preaching on the Beatitude found in Mat. 5, "Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be sons of God."

One of my favorite quotes from Bonhoeffer is from his writing entitled, "No Rusty Swords" in which he says, "There can only be a community of peace which does not rest on lies and injustice." Justice and peace are intertwined. Without justice, there is no peace.

I'm looking for stories of people working towards peace and justice: recognizing injustice and actively participating in God's work of restoring creation.

Please, let me hear your stories.

1 comment:

Julia said...

here's a link to a CPTer's blog... http://ordinary-folks.blogspot.com/2009/02/at-tuwani-palestinian-nonviolent.html

that's the only story i have to share right now. maybe i'll have more after my trip in march. :)

i also put a link up on facebook to a video about the nonviolent struggle of the village of Tuwani.