Friday, May 8, 2009

First Year is Done.

Well, I finished up my first year. All in all, I feel as if I learned a lot, was stretched in ways that helped me grow, and am looking forward to the four month break. After a week of doing nothing but watching movies and checked out episodes of 'Bones,' I have started to compile my summer reading list. Last week, I read through Rob Bell's new book "Jesus Wants to Save Christians," and this afternoon I started working my way through Moltmann's "The Crucified God." Others making the list include: AJ Levine's "The Misunderstood Jew," St. Augustine's "Confessions," St. Gregory of Nyssa "the Life of Moses," Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God is within You," and I may pick up Bonhoeffer's "Ethics" again. That's the initial list for now.

Peace.

2 comments:

Thomas (Murphy) Bridges said...

Congrats on completing your first year of grad school Eric. It looks like you have a nice reading list going for you.

Julia said...

Eric... thanks for calling (again), and don't feel bad for getting off the phone last time we talked. It was fine. And I'm fine, too, so don't be worrying about me. :) But I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I emailed Erik (still waiting to hear back), and I really hope something works out. (Partly just because I want to come visit you guys!) OK have fun with the reading. I'm not being quite that ambitious this summer, although I do have a list started.